The Crystal Group Innovation in Business Scholarship is awarded each year to one full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree with either a major or minor in the School of Business. This scholarship opportunity is for a member of the military (including current military, reservists, ROTC cadets and veterans), a child of a military service-member, or a spouse of a military member.
Undergraduate business programs include majors in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, Communications, Sales, Public Relations, or any other major/minor within the business program.
All scholarship winners receive a non-renewable scholarship of $1,000 payable directly to the institution in which they are enrolled.
The Innovation in Business Scholarship, sponsored by Crystal Group, was founded in 2013 as a way to celebrate and encourage the spirit of innovation. At Crystal Group, we embrace innovation in all aspects of our business, including our rugged computing product line, our approach to sales and marketing, and our business culture.
As an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) company, Crystal Group appreciates the values, leadership and unique skills Service members bring to the workforce and encourages opportunities to employ Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans. We continually recognize and support our country’s Service members and their families in peace, in crisis and in war.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student, working toward a bachelor's degree with either a major or minor within the business program
- Is a member of the military (including current military, reservists, ROTC cadets and veterans), a child of a military service-member, or a spouse of a military member
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed at least 60 semester hours to be eligible
- Submit typed (double-spaced) essay answering one of the posed questions
*Note: Past winners and applicants of this scholarship are eligible to re-apply in future years.
Application Deadline and Timeline
Applications are not accepted prior to Mar 1st, 2014. All applications must be postmarked by April 30, 2014. Scholarship awards will be announced on May 30, 2014.
Attn: Innovation in Business Scholarship
850 Kacena Rd.
Hiawatha, IA 52233
- Complete Application Form
- Typed Essay
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Current Resume Detailing Work History, Internships, Community Work, etc.
- Enrollment Verification Form (Can be returned with the above or separately. Must be received by the above deadline).