The Crystal Group Innovation in Engineering Scholarship is awarded each year to one full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree with either major or minor in engineering. This scholarship opportunity is for a member of the military (including current military, reservists, ROTC cadets and veterans), a child of a military service-member, or a spouse of a military member.
Undergraduate engineering programs are those offering a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
All scholarship winners receive a non-renewable scholarship of $1,000 payable directly to the institution in which they are enrolled.
The Innovation in Engineering Scholarship, sponsored by Crystal Group, was founded in 2013 as a way to celebrate and encourage the spirit of innovation. The ongoing innovation of our mechanical and electrical engineering team has been instrumental in the growth and success of our company and our ever-expanding rugged solutions, and we recognize that today’s engineering students will be the driving force for continued innovation in the future.
As an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) company, Crystal Group appreciates the values, leadership and unique skills Service members bring to the workforce and encourages opportunities to employ Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans. We continually recognize and support our country’s Service members and their families in peace, in crisis and in war.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student, working toward a bachelor's degree with either a major or minor within the Engineering program
- Is a member of the military (including current military, reservists, ROTC cadets and veterans), a child of a military service-member, or a spouse of a military member
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed at least 60 semester hours to be eligible
- Submit typed (double-spaced) essay answering one of the posed questions
*Note: Past winners and applicants of this scholarship are eligible to re-apply in future years.
Application Deadline and Timeline
Applications are not accepted prior to Mar 1st, 2014. All applications must be postmarked by April 30, 2014. Scholarship awards will be announced on May 30, 2014.
Attn: Innovation in Engineering Scholarship
850 Kacena Rd.
Hiawatha, IA 52233
- Complete Application Form
- Typed Essay
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Current Resume Detailing Work History, Internships, Community Work, etc.
- Enrollment Verification Form (Can be returned with the above or separately. Must be received by the above deadline).