29 years. 36 countries. 100% employee owned and operated.
Over the years Crystal has evolved into a server and system manufacturer, a systems integrator, and custom design and manufacturing service provider serving both the industrial and aerospace/military markets in more than 36 countries.
- 1987: Crystal Group founded by Craig Jensen as Emerald Engineering, a computer consulting firm that designed industrial computers for the telecommunications industry. Emerald’s first location was a tabletop in Jensen’s home. Soon thereafter, Jensen developed the first PC-based live/automated operator service platform.
- 1991: Jensen forms Crystal Group Inc., a sister company, to manufacture and market specialized industrial computers for the telecommunications industry.
- 2001: Crystal Group recognizes need for their computers’ capabilities in the military and government sectors.
- 2004: Crystal Group computers deployed on 100 military/NASA programs.
- 2007: Crystal Group launches new RS series of products, fundamentally changing the product offerings and options for our customers.
- 2011: Crystal Group deploys their 300th military program; CEO Craig Jensen retires; Dexter Apache Holdings, Inc., an Iowa based company with diverse interests in manufacturing, financial services and distribution, acquires 100 percent of the interests of Crystal Group, Inc..
- 2012: U.S. Air Force recognizes Crystal Group for their contributions on the B-2 “Spirit” Stealth Bomber’s Adaptable Communications Suite program.
- 2013: Crystal Group becomes AS9100C Certified.
- 2014: Crystal Group adds 10,000 square feet of production capacity, expanding CNC operations into a new addition. Crystal Group grows embedded computer line with new models.
- 2015: Crystal Group introduces rugged switch product line based on Brocade® (now Ruckus) technology. Crystal Group expands manufacturing capabilities with in-house conformal coating and high speed CNCs.
- 2016: Crystal Group enters autonomous vehicle market with the RS363S15F in partnership with Intel®.
- 2017: Introduction of Crystal Group FORCE™ Rugged Server line with Intel scalable Xeon® Skylake processors.
Dexter Apache Holdings, Inc., is owned 100 percent by its employees through an ESOP.
"Crystal Group has worked with our subcontracts department to remove cost from the products we purchase, as well as making sure the quality is exactly what we want."
"My customer wanted Crystal's product. Was a win-win. Great product and great customer service."
"Customer service is excellent, like the feed-back-loops built into the service."
"Of the many vendors I work with Crystal always makes it easy for me to meet my requirements. A company that thinks outside the box!"
"The service I receive is fantastic. We are always asking for rushed quotes and expediting orders and Crystal Group always comes through for us. I am completely satisfied with Crystal Group so keep up the good work!"
"All the folks at Crystal Group who played a role in delivering an Intel server to us, showed an exceptional amount of creativity and teamwork."
"Crystal stepped up and delivered us several rugged servers when we were in a time crunch as another supplier was not making deliveries on time. Crystal has continually accommodated our last-minute purchase requests and has VERY good customer service."
"They have the solution to satisfy our requirements, and the quality."
"Great service, support and you delivered what you promised on time. Your servers have not given us any problems, and we have had them for over two years now."
"Crystal Group makes an exceptional product (s). They are very responsive to the needs of their customers."
"Crystal has been excellent in addressing our concerns and addressing our custom configuration requirements."
"I have been very impressed with Crystal's customer support."
"We build systems that run in the most rugged of environments and require the latest hardware. Crystal is the only place to come when you need both."
"Crystal produces top quality rugged servers and has an excellent track record for customer service."
"Crystal Group customer service has always been outstanding... keep up the good work!"
"The Crystal team has provided outstanding service to my team at Lockheed Martin. I'm extremely impressed with your prompt customer service. Crystal strives to achieve common goal of providing excellent customer service and quality products to the end user."
"We like the personal responsibility people take. It's refreshing."
"Quick response, provides accurate data, works well with customer requirements."
"We chose Crystal because you have the best server in the market and outstanding customer service"
"Solid products, great customer support, superb CM."
"Props to Crystal Group for making me a happy customer!"