RD2217 Rugged Rackmount Dual 17" Display
- Designed to MIL-STD 810
- High brightness; sunlight readable
- Dual 17" displays; 22" depth drawer
- 1000 nit
RD2217 17" Dual Display
- Rugged 17" dual display in 2U EIA form factor
- SXGA resolution, 1000 nit, low reflectance, high ambient contrast, full color TFT LCD
- High brightness backlight and low reflectance cover glass yield sunlight readability
- Front mount for ease of use and storage, sealed iKey keyboard option available
- Easily mounted- Delrin glides, fixed mount, or Jonathan® rails
- Light weight aluminum construction - 42 lbs.
** If you are logged in please click on the Documents tab to view our documentation for this product.
Compact and Powerful
With an all aluminum construction weighing in at 42 lbs., the RD2217 provides a small package with big capabilities. Unique folding design provides dual 17” LCDs in a user centric attitude for ease of use in a compact and rugged package.
Rugged and Dependable
Using our expertise in industrial and DoD electronics development, we have set the industry’s expectations in rugged computing performance. Designed for and proven in the harshest environments, the RD2217 boasts the highest up-time reliability in the industry. Whether mission critical or vital to your business, the RD2217 will exceed your expectations.
High Reliability at a Fraction of the Cost
Innovative packaging techniques and our attention to the details makes our product run cooler and operate over wider temperature ranges. We demand un-throttled CPU performance at the temperature extremes unlike many of our competitors. Our design approach limits chassis deflection to extend the solder joint life of our circuit boards. We provide incredible processing power in the RD2217 package with exceptional life at a fraction of the cost of our competition.
|Testing Standards *register to download certification reports|
|MIL-STD-810, Operational Temperature, Method 501/502 Procedure I/II||
-15°C** to +55°C, lower temperatures available with heater kit
|MIL-STD-810, Storage, Method 501, Procedure I/II:||-55°C to +85°C|
|MIL-STD-810, Humidity, Method 507, Procedure II||240 hours with humidity kit|
|MIL-STD-810, Altitude, Method 500||12,500ft operation, 40,000ft transport|
|MIL-STD-810, Vibration, Method 514, Procedure I
||3 GRMS, 5-500Hz, 75 min/axis|
|MIL-S-901, Grade B, Class 2, Type B||With vibration kits|
|Height||3.5” (8.89 cm)|
|Width||17.75” (45.1 cm)|
|Depth||23" (48.08 cm) fits in 24" transit case, extends 22"|
|Weight||42 lbs. (19.05 kg)|
|Manufacturer and type||AUO 17” diagonal , TFT TN, normally white|
|Active Area||337.920 (H) x 270.336 (W)|
|Pixel pitch||0.264 (per one triad) x 0.264|
|Pixel Configuration||R.G.B. Vertical Stripe|
|Color Palette||16.2M colors (RGB 6-bits + FRC data)|
|Rise and fall times (10/90 and 90/10)||12ms at 25°C|
|VGA HD15 or DVI; selectable cable for each display|
|Sealed iKey Keyboard with touchpad - optional non-sealed. Trackball version available; 10-Key Numeric Pad; 24 function keys|
|Accuride Slides with locking rails|
|Viewing Angle||+/- 60V, +/-60H minimum|
1000 nits normal to display surface (excludes kit mods)
Rise and fall times (10/90 and 90/10)
Classification is dependent on configuration and is subject to change. Please contact your Business Development Manager to receive the classification of your product.
* Crystal Group designs all LCDs to meet or exceed the specifications listed herein. Due to the sheer number of models and combinations of components (backlight options, kits, etc), it is not practical to test every combination of display offered. Please ask your Crystal Business Development Manager for data on qualification testing for configurations similar to the desired configuration for your application.
This product currently deployed on:
C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery and Mortar) for US Army
Seen in the motion pictureTerminator: Salvation
|RD2217 - Spec Sheet||download|
|RD2217 Rugged Dual 17 Inch Display - Outline Installation Drawing||download|
|RD2217 Dual 17" Display Hardware Guide||download|
|TST-00025 RD2217 Display December 2009 MIL-STD-810 Thermal In-House Test Report||download|