Crystal Group is proud to be featured in trade publications and the media at large.
- Rugged embedded computer, data switch, and data storage for military applications introduced by Crystal. Intelligent Aerospace. Crystal Group’s rugged switch, secure data storage, and embedded computer are for military, aerospace, and industrial applications.
- Sea-ready tech to be displayed by Crystal Group at AFCEA WEST. Military Embedded Systems. Crystal Group, U.S. designer and manufacturer of rugged computing and networking solutions, announced the launch of several technologies to be unveiled at AFCEA WEST 2020. The solutions are designed for demanding deployment environments and evolving defense operations facing multi-domain adversaries.
- Rugged Computing & Networking Solutions for Unmanned Systems Unveiled. Unmanned Systems Technology. The article focuses on spotlighting and providing additional information on CG’s new computing and networking products launched at AFCEA West.
Cutting through the AI, ML hype. Security System News. The article discusses the importance of precisely defining what Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are, how both can be used in the security industry and defines relevant trends and use cases. Jim Shaw is quoted extensively throughout.
- Embedded Computing Design’s Best in Show at embedded world 2020. Embedded Computing Design. Crystal Group’s RE1218M Rugged Embedded Computer was recognized among other deserving winners under the Computer Boards, Systems, Components and Peripherals category.
Crystal Group Answers DoD Need For Cybersecurity At The Tactical Edge. COTS Journal. Partnership with Seagate Government Solutions provides military-grade, accredited data storage.
- Seagate Government Solutions Forms Partnership With Crystal Group. GovConWire. Through a partnership with Seagate Government Solutions (SGS), Crystal Group Inc. will introduce the PASS SAS solid-state drives (SSD), which ruggedized and accredits data-encrypted drives for secure data storage at the tactical edge.
- Rugged solid-state data storage with trusted computing for military applications introduced by Crystal. Intelligent Aerospace. Through a partnership with Seagate Government Solutions (SGS), Crystal Group provides this data-at-rest solution that meets FIPS 140-2 and NIAP.
- Crystal Group Pass SAS Ruggedized and Accredited Data-Encrypted 2.5-Inches Up to 3.2TB SSD. Storage Newsletter. MIL-SPEC modified Seagate SAS SSD to ensure data protection and security at tactical edge, answers DoD need for cybersecurity.
- Expanding Hardware Security Trust. Military Embedded Systems posted a blog by Joe Brand, chief security officer for Futura Cyber, on the imperative need to detect and prevent changes to system components to maintain system integrity as security threats continue to grow and undermine the trust in systems performing critical operations. As a cybersecurity consultant for Crystal Group, Brand highlights examples of Crystal Group’s approach to designing in security from the start.
- Auto Suppliers at a Crossroads, Industry Week. Crystal Group’s Robert (Bob) Graham, manager of Test and Prototype, was quoted in this Industry Week article, which took an in-depth look into the state of the auto and autonomous industries.
Crystal Group: Customizable Rugged NAS With Multi-Domain Cybersecurity, Storage Newsletter. Equipped with FIPS 140-2 encryption, key management, near-zero latency, chassis intrusion detection and instant data destruction
- Internationally recognized standards influence the choice of industrial PCs for railways. In an article on asmag.com Robert Haag, vice president of sales and marketing for Crystal Group discusses the role rugged computers, storage devices, networking equipment and displays in helping rail operators apply cutting edge technology to streamline and optimize operations.
- Artificial Intelligence: Science & Engineering for Intelligent Machines, a live webinar focused on architecture, platforms and software challenges and solutions for AI development. Chad Hutchinson co-presented with reps from ADLINK and Rover Robotics. During his portion of the presentation, he emphasized the need for a strong rugged hardware and exceptional thermal management expertise as the foundation for the effective implementation of AI.
- Army to see Hiawatha company’s ‘rugged’ electronics, The Cedar Rapids Gazette reported that Crystal Group will showcase the NAS solution at AUSA (Association of the United States Army) in Washington D.C. Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering explains how the company’s advances in FIPS 140-2 data encryption, instant data destruction, real-time data processing and tamper-evident security coating, will help the Army maintain its technological edge.
- Rugged, secure network-attached storage (NAS) with encryption for the battlefield introduced by Crystal, Military & Aerospace Electronics.
- Government Marketing University names finalists for 2019 GAINER awards, Business Wire online posted Government Marketing University’s announcement of the finalists for its 2019 GAINER awards, which honors top professionals in government marketing excellence across the U.S. public sector. Among the finalists is Crystal Group’s Leslie Griggs, director of marketing.
- PIC Wire & Cable launches new Machforce connector product line at AUSA, Markets Insider noted in a PIC Wire & Cable news release that Crystal Group and the company will be demonstrating the RCS7750-48CM rugged networking switch that incorporates five MACHFORCE connectors to yield 48 10G Ethernet ports.
- The ARC of East Central Iowa “Rise Up” Featured Individual Story, The ARC of East Central Iowa. Price Strunk-Sosalla is a 28-year-old man who has risen up against many challenges to accomplish some great things in his life! Working together with The ARC of East Central Iowa, Price is a highly valued employee at Crystal Group.
- Liquid cooling enters the mainstream, Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering is quoted in the October issue of Military & Aerospace Electronics magazine’s article on thermal management. Our RIA (Rugged Intelligence and Autonomy) and cooling system are also featured in the article, as well as the company’s FORCE rugged servers.
- The right industrial PC can make railways safer, smarter, ASMAG’s article (pages 47 & 48) quotes Bob Haag, vice president of sales and marketing about the rugged, high performance edge computing capabilities that railway operators need to monitor and control applications to enhance productivity and safety.
- AI, machine learning driving embedded bus-and-board development, Military & Aerospace Electronics. Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering explains how AI is helping to improve board performance. Crystal Group’s RE1529 Rugged Embedded Computer is highlighted.
- Group effort, Autonomous Vehicle International. Our Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering explains the importance of autonomous developers and OEMs working with experienced engineering partners who can harness the latest technologies while speeding up time to market – safely.
Crystal Group unveils new military-grade NAS system, Army Technology
General Dynamics to produce vehicle-mounted SIGINT vetronics and computing for battlefield surveillance, Military & Aerospace Electronics
- Ruggedizing Sensor Fusion Infrastructure for Autonomous Vehicles, Autonomous Vehicle Technology Magazine
- Small Business Week, U.S. Senator (Iowa) Joni Ernst
- AUSA Global Force: Crystal Group’s Expanding Presence, MÖNCH Publishing
- Everyday Life, Enhanced With Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Embedded Computing Design
- Everyday Life, Enhanced with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Embedded Systems Engineering
- Military & Aerospace Electronics and Intelligent Aerospace announced the winners of their Innovation Awards today. Our autonomous/Ai solution won GOLD! Click here for the article.
10/18/18 – Ribbon Cutting
Hiawatha business expanding production of tough computers and self-driving cars, KCRG-TV9 News, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- City of Hiawatha Newsletter
- We were selected as one of ten Embedded Advisor Top Embedded Design & Solution Providers for Automotive 2018, and we’re featured on the cover of the October issue. The feature article is on pages 10-11.
Hiawatha Public Library secures $2 million fundraising goal, Cedar Rapids Gazette.
- Mitigating Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Interference, Military & Aerospace Electronics. Chad Hutchinson, Director of Engineering, was quoted on page 18, 20, 21, 22
Hiawatha company recognized for being great employer for service members, KCRG TV-9 Show You Care
- Recipients of SECDEF Employer Support Freedom Award Named, U.S. Department of Defense
- Reliability First, Autonomous Vehicle International
- Crystal Group Wins Gold Supplier Award from BAE Systems for Delivering On-Time with Zero Defects, Embedded Systems Engineering
- Finalists Chosen for 2018 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award, U.S. Department of Defense
- Engineering Automated Driving Systems for Safety, Embedded Systems Engineering Digital Magazine, March 2018 (page 35)
- Engineering Automated Driving Systems for Safety, Embedded Systems Engineering
- Companies choose eastern Iowa to incubate technology, KCRG-TV9 News
- Rugged Computers for Mobile Missions, Military & Aerospace Electronics
11/29/17- RCS5516FW Firewall announcement
- Crystal Group Introduces FORCE server line at AUSA 2017, Embedded Computing
- Performance increases still needed for full adoption of mobile rugged computing for military use, Military Embedded Systems
- Made in Eastern Iowa: Plastics from Bell Plaine to the world, KCRG News (Crystal Group product is shown in video)
- Shielding against electromagnetic and RF interference boosts safety and mission success, Military & Aerospace Electronics
7/13/17 – Skylake Architecture announcement
- Ruggedized Servers Pave Road to Autonomous Vehicles, insight.tech
- Rugged Myths Busted, EECatalog
- Round Table: Raising Expectations for UAVs and More, EECatalog
- Embedded Computing Transforms Transportation, Embedded Intel® Solutions – Summer 2017 Issue
- Embedded Computing Transforms Transportation, Embedded Intel Solutions
- Crystal Group proposes $21 million expansion, Cedar Rapids Gazette
- Crystal Group, Inc. Makes CIOReview’s List of 20 Most Promising VMware Solution Providers
Featuring Scott Kongable, President
Read more in CIO Review