Crystal Group is proud to be featured in trade publications and the media at large.
AI-Powered Cooperation Will Transform U.S. Military Operations, GTSC’s Homeland Security Today Magazine. Crystal Group’s EVP of Engineering, Jim Shaw, details how AI-powered cooperation will transform U.S. military operations. Check out the full article to learn why AI is the driving force for informed decision-making in the chain of command.
- Crystal Group Rolls Out New Force-Enhancing Solutions at TechNet Cyber, COTS Journal. Crystal Group, a leading U.S. designer and manufacturer of rugged computing and networking solutions, announced today at TechNet Cyber the launch of new tactical-edge capabilities for advanced computing on the move.
- Crystal Group Rolls Out New Force-Enhancing Solutions at TechNet Cyber, AiThority. Crystal Group, a leading U.S. designer and manufacturer of rugged computing and networking solutions, announced today at TechNet Cyber the launch of new tactical-edge capabilities for advanced computing on the move.
- New Technologies, Avionics and Software, Battle Space News. Crystal Group, a leading U.S. designer and manufacturer of rugged computing and networking solutions, announced today at TechNet Cyber the launch of new tactical-edge capabilities for advanced computing on the move.
- Rugged computer servers for electronic warfare (EW) introduced by Crystal, Military & Aerospace Electronics. Each server delivers powerful performance, and when combined can perform sensor data collection, computation, and hot-swappable data extraction.
- Crystal Group’s Pandemic Plans, Hiawatha Economic Development Corporation. Crystal Group has a history of transforming itself to remain relevant, and the pandemic has provided another opportunity for the manufacturer of rugged computer equipment to lean into that strength. Over the past year, their operations have changed along with the requirements of the pandemic to keep their workforce safe by minimizing the spread of COVID-19.
- Getting to the ‘core’ of AV thermal management, Automotive Engineering. Crystal Group’s RIA combines compute power, data-handling and storage in a compact solution that can withstand harsh conditions, according to the company.
- Rugged computer servers for electronic warfare (EW) and artificial intelligence introduced by Crystal Group, Military & Aerospace Electronics. Each server delivers powerful performance, and when combined can perform sensor data collection, computation, and hot-swappable data extraction.
- Rugged computer servers for EW and artificial intelligence introduced by Crystal Group, Association of Old Crows. Independently, each server delivers powerful performance, and when combined, these servers form an integrated system for real-time high-speed sensor data collection, computation, and daily hot-swappable data extraction.
- Crystal Group To Present Rugged Solutions, Share Tactical Tech Expertise As NVIDIA GTC 2020 Platinum Sponsor, AiThority. As a Preferred Solutions Integration Partner in the NVIDIA Partner Network (NPN), Crystal Group is paving the way for bringing seamless AI and visualization capabilities into harsh and unpredictable environments. By integrating NVIDIA GPUs into its rugged, high-performance compute offerings, both the U.S. Department of Defense and industrial customers now have the ability to analyze petabytes of data at the edge where accurate, real-time information and decision making are vital.
- Information Warfare: Stay Protected at the Edge, Aerospace & Defense Technology. A feature article by Jim Shaw, Executive Vice President of Engineering.
- Hyper-Connected Military Needs a Next-Gen Common Operating Picture, National Defense. A commentary by Todd Prouty, Business Development Manager.
- Crystal Group Launches Trio of New Rugged Servers for Ultra-High Performance Ensuring accurate, real-time information with rugged, failsafe computer hardware, COTS Journal Online. Crystal Group announced the launch of three new rugged servers — the RS4105L22 4U GPU server, RS1.532L21X2F twin server, and Crystal Group FORCE™ RS2606 — all designed for ultra-high ISR performance.
- World Oil Special Feature: Defining Our Next Normal, World Oil Magazine. Pursuing revolutionary transformation will redefine how we work and catapult the oil and gas industry forward. Download PDF here.
- Reinforced Quality, Consistency & Training for Crystal Group, VKSApp. Using VKSapp work instruction software, we reliably captures each customer’s unique program requirements along with current industry regulations to ensure products are designed, built and tested accurately and on time.
- Crystal Group’s Rugged Firewall Attains NIAP Cybersecurity Certification, COTS Journal Online. Crystal Group announced the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria certification of its rugged firewall. Achieving NIAP approval represents a significant milestone in tactical cybersecurity proving the firewall’s effective layer of protection for networked communications in multiple harsh domains.
- Unmanned Systems Technology Issue 33: Rugged server/sensor unit, Unmanned Systems Technology. Crystal Group has developed a 5U server and sensor fusion unit for autonomous vehicles (wires Nick Flaherty).
- Pandemic Sends AV ‘Show on the Road’, EE|Times. “The Crystal Rugged computer, designed for ADAS/AV development activities, comes with dual Nvidia GTX2080i accelerators that can handle “the most complex inference models,” noted Magney. “This is the most powerful computer VSI has every worked with.””
- Tough truck environment means autonomy reliant on tougher computers, Automotive World. Crystal Group Director of Commercial & Industrial Programs, Toni Hogan, discusses autonomous semi computing and our solutions/partnership with Advantech.
- Crystal Group Supports Employee COVID-19 Initiative, Industry Today. This special print issue was dedicated to highlighting manufacturing companies who are contributing their resources to aid the pandemic crisis. Wesley Allensworth’s face shield story is on pages 84-85.
- Special Feature: Power in numbers: Industry Partnerships are Key to National Security, COTS Journal, pages 16-19. Securing our country and defending national interests are enduring needs. As history shows, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) does not retreat amid challenging or unknown circumstances. On the contrary, they advance forward on critical strategies to maintain and elevate unmatched readiness, safety and security.
- Rugged COTS Platform Takes On Fast-Changing Needs of Self-Driving Trucks. The fast-changing needs of self-driving trucks are forcing compute platforms to evolve. Advantech and Crystal Group are teaming up to power that evolution based on AV trends, compute requirements, and a rugged COTS philosophy converging for breakthrough innovation in self-driving truck designs.
- Image Sensors, Leak Testers and Inertial Measurement Units for Industry, Design News. The newest embedded devices and test equipment, slide 10.
Intel Announces 2020 US Partner of the Year Awards for Excellence in Accelerating Innovation, Intel. The Partner of the Year awards honor Intel partners demonstrating excellence in technology innovation, go-to-market strategizing, sales growth and marketing.
Crystal Group Joins NVIDIA’s Partner Network to Transform Compute Capabilities; Bob Haag, Craig Weinstein Quoted, ExecutiveGov. “Collaboration between industry leaders is vital across industries; we’re extending our joint support to adjacent markets, such as power, to provide real-time, comprehensive situational awareness in complex operations,” said Bob Haag, vice president of sales and marketing at Crystal Group.
Crystal Group Joins NVIDIA Partner Network, Industry Today. Crystal Group has joined the NVIDIA Partner Network (NPN) as a preferred solutions integration partner in Quadro and Tesla Products.
Crystal Group announces a partnership with NVIDIA Partner Network, Technology Magazine. Today, artificial intelligence (AI) has become an important part of numerous industries across the globe. Having understood its exceptional advantages, companies worldwide have been forging partnerships to leverage AI for strengthening their capabilities. One of the AI applications companies that has stood out in this regard is the Crystal Group.
Crystal Group Joins NVIDIA Partner Network to Further Support Its Mission to Deliver AI to the Edge, AiTHORITY. The collaboration catalyzes Crystal Group’s power to deliver transformative compute capabilities suitable for demanding, deployed environments.
Cyber security certification for rugged firewall in trusted computing introduced by Crystal Group, Military & Aerospace Electronics. The RCS5516FW provides rugged and critical cyber security defense for high-performance networking in unpredictable forward-deployed environments.
Cyber security certification for rugged network firewall in trusted computing introduced by Crystal Group, Intelligent Aerospace. The RCS5516FW provides rugged and critical cyber security defense for high-performance networking in unpredictable forward-deployed environments.
Military Computer Hardware Manufacturer Crystal Group Using CABEM’s Competency Manager, PRNewswire. Computer hardware manufacturer Crystal Group has selected CABEM’s Competency Manager software for its competency management and training program.
- 2019 Fastest Growing Companies, Corridor Business Journal. The annual Fastest Growing Companies event identifies and honors the region’s most dynamic companies that have made significant contributions to the local economy.
Inside Iowa’s grassroots campaign to produce PPE, Corridor Business Journal. An effort that began with an informal group of companies and organizations 3D-printing face shields to protect frontline medical workers has grown into a statewide operation capable of producing as many as 250,000 FDA-compliant shields to assist in the coronavirus pandemic.
- Rugged firewall receives NIAP cybersecurity certification, Military Embedded Systems. Crystal Group, designer and manufacturer of rugged computer and electronic hardware, announced the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria certification of its rugged firewall. Achieving NIAP approval represents a milestone in tactical cybersecurity, proving the firewall’s effective layer of protection for networked communications in multiple harsh domains.
Crystal Group Supports Employee COVID-19 Initiative, Industry Today. Electrical engineer at Iowa-based manufacturer 3D prints face shields to protect local hospital’s COVID-19 response.
- Hiawatha Businesses Come Together To Make Face Masks, Hiawatha Economic Development Corp. To help slow the shortage and increase access for hospital workers, three local Hiawatha businesses have transformed their production processes to help address the state’s dire need for face masks.
Hiawatha company producing face shields for area hospitals, Iowa News Now. An electrical engineer, who works at Crystal Group in Hiawatha, is donating face shields to area hospitals for free.
- AI for Any Environment, All the Time, Inside HPC. A guest feature from our partner, Advantech, highlights Crystal Group RIA™ (Rugged Intelligence and Autonomy) to demonstrate the factors that need to be considered and tested before a computer system can be incorporated into a broader functioning system.
- The Best Hacker Defense is a Good Offense, COTS Journal. This article discusses the expanding attack surface in IoT devices, and highlights solutions and features to protect against cyberattacks.
- February 2020 COT’s Pick: Crystal Group Answers DoD Need for Cybersecurity at the Edge. COTS Journal, pg 33.
- Rugged embedded computer, data switch, and data storage for military applications introduced by Crystal. Intelligent Aerospace. Crystal Group’s rugged switch, secure data storage, and embedded computer are for military, aerospace, and industrial applications.
- Sea-ready tech to be displayed by Crystal Group at AFCEA WEST. Military Embedded Systems. Crystal Group, U.S. designer and manufacturer of rugged computing and networking solutions, announced the launch of several technologies to be unveiled at AFCEA WEST 2020. The solutions are designed for demanding deployment environments and evolving defense operations facing multi-domain adversaries.
- Rugged Computing & Networking Solutions for Unmanned Systems Unveiled. Unmanned Systems Technology. The article focuses on spotlighting and providing additional information on CG’s new computing and networking products launched at AFCEA West.
Cutting through the AI, ML hype. Security System News. The article discusses the importance of precisely defining what Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are, how both can be used in the security industry and defines relevant trends and use cases. Jim Shaw is quoted extensively throughout.
Embedded Computing Design’s Best in Show at embedded world 2020. Embedded Computing Design. Crystal Group’s RE1218M Rugged Embedded Computer was recognized among other deserving winners under the Computer Boards, Systems, Components and Peripherals category.
Crystal Group Answers DoD Need For Cybersecurity At The Tactical Edge. COTS Journal. Partnership with Seagate Government Solutions provides military-grade, accredited data storage.
- Seagate Government Solutions Forms Partnership With Crystal Group. GovConWire. Through a partnership with Seagate Government Solutions (SGS), Crystal Group Inc. will introduce the PASS SAS solid-state drives (SSD), which ruggedized and accredits data-encrypted drives for secure data storage at the tactical edge.
- Rugged solid-state data storage with trusted computing for military applications introduced by Crystal. Intelligent Aerospace. Through a partnership with Seagate Government Solutions (SGS), Crystal Group provides this data-at-rest solution that meets FIPS 140-2 and NIAP.
- Crystal Group Pass SAS Ruggedized and Accredited Data-Encrypted 2.5-Inches Up to 3.2TB SSD. Storage Newsletter. MIL-SPEC modified Seagate SAS SSD to ensure data protection and security at tactical edge, answers DoD need for cybersecurity.
- Expanding Hardware Security Trust. Military Embedded Systems posted a blog by Joe Brand, chief security officer for Futura Cyber, on the imperative need to detect and prevent changes to system components to maintain system integrity as security threats continue to grow and undermine the trust in systems performing critical operations. As a cybersecurity consultant for Crystal Group, Brand highlights examples of Crystal Group’s approach to designing in security from the start.
- Auto Suppliers at a Crossroads, Industry Week. Crystal Group’s Robert (Bob) Graham, manager of Test and Prototype, was quoted in this Industry Week article, which took an in-depth look into the state of the auto and autonomous industries.
Crystal Group: Customizable Rugged NAS With Multi-Domain Cybersecurity, Storage Newsletter. Equipped with FIPS 140-2 encryption, key management, near-zero latency, chassis intrusion detection and instant data destruction
- Internationally recognized standards influence the choice of industrial PCs for railways. In an article on asmag.com Robert Haag, vice president of sales and marketing for Crystal Group discusses the role rugged computers, storage devices, networking equipment and displays in helping rail operators apply cutting edge technology to streamline and optimize operations.
- Artificial Intelligence: Science & Engineering for Intelligent Machines, a live webinar focused on architecture, platforms and software challenges and solutions for AI development. Chad Hutchinson co-presented with reps from ADLINK and Rover Robotics. During his portion of the presentation, he emphasized the need for a strong rugged hardware and exceptional thermal management expertise as the foundation for the effective implementation of AI.
- Army to see Hiawatha company’s ‘rugged’ electronics, The Cedar Rapids Gazette reported that Crystal Group will showcase the NAS solution at AUSA (Association of the United States Army) in Washington D.C. Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering explains how the company’s advances in FIPS 140-2 data encryption, instant data destruction, real-time data processing and tamper-evident security coating, will help the Army maintain its technological edge.
- Rugged, secure network-attached storage (NAS) with encryption for the battlefield introduced by Crystal, Military & Aerospace Electronics.
- Government Marketing University names finalists for 2019 GAINER awards, Business Wire online posted Government Marketing University’s announcement of the finalists for its 2019 GAINER awards, which honors top professionals in government marketing excellence across the U.S. public sector. Among the finalists is Crystal Group’s Leslie Griggs, director of marketing.
- PIC Wire & Cable launches new Machforce connector product line at AUSA, Markets Insider noted in a PIC Wire & Cable news release that Crystal Group and the company will be demonstrating the RCS7750-48CM rugged networking switch that incorporates five MACHFORCE connectors to yield 48 10G Ethernet ports.
- The ARC of East Central Iowa “Rise Up” Featured Individual Story, The ARC of East Central Iowa. Price Strunk-Sosalla is a 28-year-old man who has risen up against many challenges to accomplish some great things in his life! Working together with The ARC of East Central Iowa, Price is a highly valued employee at Crystal Group.
- Liquid cooling enters the mainstream, Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering is quoted in the October issue of Military & Aerospace Electronics magazine’s article on thermal management. Our RIA (Rugged Intelligence and Autonomy) and cooling system are also featured in the article, as well as the company’s FORCE rugged servers.
- The right industrial PC can make railways safer, smarter, ASMAG’s article (pages 47 & 48) quotes Bob Haag, vice president of sales and marketing about the rugged, high performance edge computing capabilities that railway operators need to monitor and control applications to enhance productivity and safety.
- AI, machine learning driving embedded bus-and-board development, Military & Aerospace Electronics. Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering explains how AI is helping to improve board performance. Crystal Group’s RE1529 Rugged Embedded Computer is highlighted.
- Group effort, Autonomous Vehicle International. Our Jim Shaw, executive vice president, engineering explains the importance of autonomous developers and OEMs working with experienced engineering partners who can harness the latest technologies while speeding up time to market – safely.
Crystal Group unveils new military-grade NAS system, Army Technology
General Dynamics to produce vehicle-mounted SIGINT vetronics and computing for battlefield surveillance, Military & Aerospace Electronics
- Ruggedizing Sensor Fusion Infrastructure for Autonomous Vehicles, Autonomous Vehicle Technology Magazine
- Small Business Week, U.S. Senator (Iowa) Joni Ernst
- AUSA Global Force: Crystal Group’s Expanding Presence, MÖNCH Publishing
- Everyday Life, Enhanced With Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Embedded Computing Design
- Everyday Life, Enhanced with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Embedded Systems Engineering
- Military & Aerospace Electronics and Intelligent Aerospace announced the winners of their Innovation Awards today. Our autonomous/Ai solution won GOLD! Click here for the article.
10/18/18 – Ribbon Cutting
Hiawatha business expanding production of tough computers and self-driving cars, KCRG-TV9 News, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- City of Hiawatha Newsletter
- We were selected as one of ten Embedded Advisor Top Embedded Design & Solution Providers for Automotive 2018, and we’re featured on the cover of the October issue. The feature article is on pages 10-11.
Hiawatha Public Library secures $2 million fundraising goal, Cedar Rapids Gazette.
- Mitigating Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Interference, Military & Aerospace Electronics. Chad Hutchinson, Director of Engineering, was quoted on page 18, 20, 21, 22
Hiawatha company recognized for being great employer for service members, KCRG TV-9 Show You Care
- Recipients of SECDEF Employer Support Freedom Award Named, U.S. Department of Defense
- Reliability First, Autonomous Vehicle International
- Crystal Group Wins Gold Supplier Award from BAE Systems for Delivering On-Time with Zero Defects, Embedded Systems Engineering
- Finalists Chosen for 2018 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award, U.S. Department of Defense
- Engineering Automated Driving Systems for Safety, Embedded Systems Engineering Digital Magazine, March 2018 (page 35)
- Engineering Automated Driving Systems for Safety, Embedded Systems Engineering
- Companies choose eastern Iowa to incubate technology, KCRG-TV9 News
- Rugged Computers for Mobile Missions, Military & Aerospace Electronics
11/29/17- RCS5516FW Firewall announcement
- Crystal Group Introduces FORCE server line at AUSA 2017, Embedded Computing
- Performance increases still needed for full adoption of mobile rugged computing for military use, Military Embedded Systems
- Made in Eastern Iowa: Plastics from Bell Plaine to the world, KCRG News (Crystal Group product is shown in video)
- Shielding against electromagnetic and RF interference boosts safety and mission success, Military & Aerospace Electronics
7/13/17 – Skylake Architecture announcement
- Ruggedized Servers Pave Road to Autonomous Vehicles, insight.tech
- Rugged Myths Busted, EECatalog
- Round Table: Raising Expectations for UAVs and More, EECatalog
- Embedded Computing Transforms Transportation, Embedded Intel® Solutions – Summer 2017 Issue
- Embedded Computing Transforms Transportation, Embedded Intel Solutions
- Crystal Group proposes $21 million expansion, Cedar Rapids Gazette
- Crystal Group, Inc. Makes CIOReview’s List of 20 Most Promising VMware Solution Providers
Featuring Scott Kongable, President
Read more in CIO Review