Computing for military and industrial applications has moved past the sterile confines of remote server rooms. Using rugged, high-performance networking hardware that can withstand even the harshest and most punishing conditions, demanding applications can perform with flawless reliability at the edge.
Through a strategic partnership with CommScope, we have built a full line of ruggedized networking solutions for military and industrial applications based on the RUCKUS ICX series of switches. Crystal Group’s knowledge of ruggedizing hardware coupled with CommScope’s experience in delivering industry-leading network switches has allowed us to provide advanced switching capability for industrial, mobile, and forward deployed applications.
In addition to extending the performance envelope of the platform, it’s important to consider these seven additional performance benefits for your networking needs in unpredictable edge environments:
- The ICX’s higher port density and speeds help minimize Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) at a lower cost for programs and applications where efficient use of real estate and power are critically important.
- The RUCKUS ICX switch baseline allows ruggedization via cooling techniques to enhance performance in elevated thermal conditions.
- Open architecture standards provide the most competitive, vendor-agnostic network environment that makes for seamless integration.
- Timely updates are thoroughly tested by CommScope prior to release and pushed out to Crystal Group for customer use. Customers can quickly verify compatibility, saving valuable time and resources.
- For larger applications, up to 12 ICX switches can be stacked for greater scalability, reduced cost, and easier management. And by using standard Ethernet cables, we limit cost while providing 10km of long-distance stacking.
- Network security and data privacy are critical concerns when operating at the edge. The rugged ICX7450 switch is the only stackable switch with hardware-based IPSec encryption. This enables end-to-end encryption from the edge to the core, allowing customers to control network access, support multi-tenant networks, protect data, and achieve CSfC compliance.
- RUCKUS switches are software-defined-networking (SDN) Unlike other vendors, all CommScope switches provide support for open SDN standards, which protects a customer’s investment if a move to SDN is planned in the future.